There are many ways to help conserve water. Here are some small ideas that can add up to big water savings.
- Run the dishwasher only when full
- Turn off water when brushing teeth
- Shorten showers
- Wash only full loads of clothes
- Fix leaky toilets
- Fix leaky faucets
- Replace older, inefficient clothes washers
- Replace older, high-volume flushing toilets
- Adjust sprinklers to prevent overspray and runoff
- Repair leaks and broken sprinklers
- Install a drip irrigation system
- Replace a portion of lawn with native plants
- Use a broom to clean driveways and sidewalks
- Install pool and spa covers to reduce evaporation
There are many more water saving suggestions. For more ideas on how to conserve water, please visit these other website resources.