Waste Management offers commercial services and will meet with a business to develop an effective program.
- Locked bins are available.
- Pull-out service is available for enclosed bins.
- Large bins are available upon request.
- 96-gallon carts may be available to businesses that generate smaller volumes of recyclable materials or trash.
The City of Carlsbad mandates that all trash and recycle bins remain covered according to the solid waste ordinance of the municipal code 6.08.050.
For pricing and ordering information, please contact Waste Management’s customer service at 760-929-9400.
Mandatory Commercial and Multi-Family Recycling
Effective July 1, 2012, California State law AB341 requires that commercial enterprises which generate four cubic yards or more of solid waste weekly participate in recycling programs. This requirement also includes multi-family housing complexes of five units or more, regardless of the amount of solid waste generated each week.
Waste Management, the City’s franchised waste and recycling hauler, offers commercial recycling services throughout Carlsbad. Establishing recycling programs may help lower your total cost for waste collection services since recycling service fees are substantially lower than waste collection fees.
- Double side copies or save documents electronically.
- Buy bulk products or items that use little packaging. Cardboard is recyclable.
- Choose products that come in recyclable or refillable containers.
- Closing the loop means to purchase products made from recycled material.
- Consider making forms electronic.
- Promote “think before printing” attitude.