The City of Carlsbad contracts with Waste Management for residential solid waste service. Utility billing is determined by the property location in the city. To find out which district the property resides in consult the water district map.
Within the Carlsbad Municipal Water District call 760-602-2420 to set up service.
Outside the Carlsbad Municipal Water District contact Waste Management at 760-929-9400.
Waste Management will be making some changes to the residential routes to streamline their services and adapt to new home growth. Check here to see if your street will be affected.
- Residential customers are provided 35, 64, or 96 gallon carts for trash, recycling, and yard waste.
- Residents can receive one trash cart and up to three recycling carts and three yard waste carts at the normal monthly rate.
- Trash, recyclables and yard waste are picked up on the same day.
- All material must fit into the cart with the lid closed.
- Carts must be placed 2 ft from cars or other objects and one foot away from other carts.
- Carts must be placed with the handle facing the curb.
- Carts must be clear of overhead obstructions.
- Carts should be placed out by 6 a.m. on collection day.
Trash Cart Reminder Flyer
To exchange or order more carts, call Waste Management at 760-929-9400.
For customer service, the trash pick-up schedule and additional information contact Waste Management at 760-929-9400.
Within the Carlsbad Municipal Water District, contact the Utility Billing Department for rates and billing information.
Outside the Carlsbad Municipal Water District, contact Waste Management at 760-929-9400.