All classes are taught by Red Cross certified water safety instructors. Whether the goal is to familiarize children with the water, learn new skills or stay healthy -- there are a variety of classes available for all ages. Individual and group lessons are also available.
- Parent and Child Aquatics
- Preschool Aquatics
- Learn to Swim
- Adult Teen Swim Instruction
- Individualized Lessons
- Junior Guard Prep Course
Offered only during summer:
- Beginning Springboard Diving
- Guard Start
Parent and Child Aquatics
These classes are intended for infants and tots 6 months to 3 years of age. The classes provide experiences and activities for the children to learn to feel comfortable in the water. The participation of one or both parents is required and plastic pants must be worn over their suits or swim diapers. Swim diapers are available for purchase at the pool. Register online.
These classes are intended for preschool age children 3 to 5 years old. Classes are taught in a group setting. Register online.
- Preschool Aquatics 1 orients children to the aquatic environment and helps them gain basic aquatics skills. Parent participation is required.
- Preschool Aquatics 2 helps children gain greater independence in their skills and develop more comfort in and around the water. Parent participation is required.
- Preschool Aquatics 3 helps children start to gain basic swimming propulsive skills to be comfortable in and around the water.
Learn to Swim
These classes are intended for youth ages 5 to 15 who want to learn to swim in a group setting. The classes range from beginning to advanced swim instruction. Register online.
- Level 1 – Introduction to Water Skills enables students to begin developing positive attitudes, good swimming habits and safe practices in and around the water.
- Level 2 – Fundamental Aquatic Skills gives participants success with fundamental skills, including learning how to float without support and to recover to a vertical position.
- Level 3 – Stroke Development builds on the skills in Level 2 by providing additional guided practice in deeper water.
- Level 4 – Stroke Improvement develops participants’ confidence in the strokes learned in Level 3 and improves other aquatic skills.
- Level 5 – Stroke Refinement provides further coordination and refinement of strokes.
- Level 6 – Advanced Swim refines the strokes so participants swim them with ease, efficiency, power and smoothness over greater distances.
Perfect for students who just need a dose of 'one on one' attention to master a skill set . To allow the Aquatics staff to prepare a pro-active lesson plan, the registration process requires the parent to estimate the child's current swim lesson level.
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: Cancellations MUST be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled class for a full refund or credit. No refunds or credits will be issued if a cancellation request is placed less than 24 hours prior to the lesson. Instructors will wait 10 minutes for late arrivals. After this time it will be counted as a 'no show' and no refunds or credits will be granted. If a participant falls ill or has a medical emergency a signed medical statement from a physician must be received in order to receive a credit.
Junior Lifeguard Prep Course
This program is designed to prepare participants 9-16 years old for Junior Lifeguard tryouts. The class will focus on developing efficient stroke technique, endurance and speed.
Adult/Teen Swim Instruction
No minimum skills required. This class is designed for individualized instruction for beginners through Level 4 swim ability taught in a group setting.
Springboard Diving: Beginning
This program is designed for all ages that are swimming at Level 4 and/or passed Level 3 and want to learn the basic fundamentals of diving.
This program gives youth ages 11 to 15 a jump start to Red Cross lifeguarding. It builds a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills consisting of five categories: prevention, fitness, response, leadership and professionalism.
Please note: Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. No child under 8 shall be left unsupervised in the bleacher area.