Individuals, businesses and organizations are invited to support Parks & Recreation programs, events and activities through monetary contributions or in-kind donations. Recognition opportunities may be available for specific donor levels. Refer to specific programs for complete information.
- Adopt-a-Trail -- development and maintenance of the citywide trails system
- Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Trust -- projects at Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park
- Opportunity Grants -- provides financial support to very low-income families for children to participate in Parks & Recreation programs, activities, classes and camps
- Senior Center programs -- nutrition, transportation, activities, events and other programs benefiting Carlsbad's senior population
- TRUST Program -- promoting the values of respect and good sportsmanship in all Parks & Recreation programs and activities
- Special events -- excellent exposure opportunities to reach Carlsbad residents
Contributions to the City of Carlsbad Parks & Recreation Department are considered charitable donations. The Internal Revenue Service considers the City of Carlsbad to be a qualified charitable organization under IRS Code Section 170(c)(1). Contributions made to the City of Carlsbad would be used exclusively for public purposes, are a qualified charitable donation and can be deducted as such. The city does not offer tax advice and makes no representations as to the deductibility of any gift. Please consult a tax professional.