To report maintenance issues regarding city parks, trees and medians, call 760-434-2824.
Areas of responsibility
- City-owned parks and special-use areas
- School athletic fields
- Downtown Village streetscapes
- Beach accesses
- Landscapes at various civic facilities
- City-owned open space/undeveloped areas
- Community Garden
- Turf and landscape: mowing, fertilization, renovation, re-planting, trimming, pesticide application, raking leaves/debris, turf sweeping, weeding cultivation, edging, aerating, re-seeding, rodent control, irrigation programming and repair, equipment maintenance and contract maintenance for landscape services.
- Restrooms: Daily maintenance including cleaning, restocking, sanitizing, painting and plumbing repairs.
- Litter control and picnic area services: All parks, beach accesses and beach areas are cleaned five times weekly to remove all litter, and to service all trash receptacles and dog bag dispensers.
- Courts and fields: All athletic courts are cleaned and/or inspected on a weekly basis. Duties involve washing down, sweeping and blowing surfaces, fence inspections/repairs and playing surface inspections.
- Children’s play areas: Weekly maintenance includes sand raking/leveling, sand rototilling, and play equipment inspection and repair.
- Irrigation: Replacement, repair and trouble shooting of all landscape irrigation systems at city facilities.
- Open space: Trash removal, clean up, weed abatement and routine security.
Special requests: Repair and upgrading to park structures, facilities, sports field lighting, play equipment, fencing, and the installation of bleachers, drinking fountains, soccer goals, trash enclosures, and concrete work.